Saturday, June 03, 2006

Duck Thoughts

Let's have a little duck discussion...
1. My family eats ducks for Christmas dinner...very yum with grape jelly.
2. Being from the south, most males that I know duck hunt. (If I could just get them to "hunt" me for a date.)
3. Duck tape, also being from the south, will fix just about anything....and if it doesn't...WD40 will. (Now, I know that it is actually spelled duct tape...but their logo is a duck...and I think there is a brand name called duck...so there...)
4. Ducks are designed to not allow water to penetrate their feathers...I am being like a duck with the BAD SEWER water that seems to be in the pond that I have landed on.
5. Duck...also a term used to warn someone that dangerous objects might be hurling towards their head....so, I duck from LOTS of thing...be they tangible or intangible.
6. Down...down feathers...come from ducks...and I LOVE me some down feather pillows!
7. Duck...an obscure character from a fab 80's movie called Pretty In Pink...he was VERY much like a duck in water, and duck tape.
8. Duck...could have totally changed the movie Forrest Gump... "Dear God, make me a DUCK so I can fly far, far away." (Since they were in a southern state while saying this prayer...it might have been immediately followed by sounds of shotguns. A little dark, I know, but it still would have been pretty funny.)
9. Rubber Ducky...favorite bathtub toy and song of MANY children.
10. Well, I would REALLY be reaching for this one...so let me know what you think of when you hear the word duck.

Now, how am I like a duck? I am a part of my family...like the duck for Christmas. I also have been known to try to "fix" everything...even when it didn't involve me, like duck tape. I am working to be more like a duck in regards to the situations around me...I "duck" away from them, or I am trying to let the water run off my back like a duck. The PIP character was a little out of the ordinary, and didn't feel like he fit in...oh yeah, that is so me. Rubber Ducky...I LOVE CHILDREN...and I hope to be as pleasant a memory to their childhoods as their rubber ducks.

The fact that I have taken this "duck thing" so far...well, kinda bothers me...I can be SO WEIRD! But...God created ducks, and He created me, so we are related.

Keep on QUACKIN...my bruthas and sistas! (Consequestly...quack....also a term used for the mentally unstable, or someone that doesn't know what they are doing...now THAT is disturbing!)

4 Comments:

At 10:35 AM, Anonymous shannon @ rocks in my dryer said...

LOL...yes, you've stumbled onto something; I think you need to re-name your blog.

But you glossed over the significance of #1 on your list--our family EATS DUCK for Christmas. Just chews 'em up and swallows 'em. YOU WON'T LET THAT HAPPEN TO YOU.

Quack, quack.

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger great2beme said...

That was great! I am from the south and I never have eaten duck but I certainly like the duck-ing bad situations and frustrations and letting things roll of my back part. I think it is here in the south the say WD-40 and Duct tape can fix it all if it squeaks oil it and if it needs to be attached tape it, something to that affect.

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Faith said...

OH.MY.WORD! That is just too funny. I love it. What a great idea!

 
At 6:06 PM, Anonymous HolyMama! said...

the first time i had duck it was at a fancy french place, and it came with plum sauce. i thought it was so bad, i never had it again.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home