Friday, June 23, 2006

Lessons I Keep Learning

Hi. What have I learned this week? LOTS!
1. I HATE HORMONES! Not only do they affect my thinking, my self-esteem, my body, BUT I allow them to plummet me into a dark place. A hole.
2. I can handle life without therapy until July 10th...yep, I said July 10th...that seems SOOOO FAR! But, she has given me tools, if I just remember to use them, I will be fine.
3. I CAN READ!!! Yep...read. It is still difficult to retain the information, but at least I have the patience to read more than two sentences.
4. The little girl... I try to be as aware of her as possible. I noticed that when she is uncomfortable, or hurt, she retreats....because "children are to be seen and not heard". (this is something I was told often as a child) This is where the "hiding" comes from. I hide from the world because something has hurt me...tripped my trigger...add that to the hormones...you have a textbook recluse, that has the outward appearance of depression, but is actually just a hurt little girl.
I could go on, and on, and on...BUT...I digress.

Where do I go from here? Well, I just have to remember and realize what the hormones are doing, and combat it to the best of my ability. I have to use the tools that I have to deal with the hiccups of life...that is all they are...hiccups. (What is the best cure for hiccups....water...I will drink in the Lord, and let Him wash me clean). Reading, well, I am planning to spend the weekend by the pool, reading, learning about God...and feeling the water.

A thought to leave you with...
He also is "a father of the fatherless" (v. 5). He comes right where we are to comfort and heal our broken hearts. Furthermore, God is Judge and Redeemer. He frees those who are bound with chains.
* * *
Are you feeling oppressed by your enemies? Leave the burden with your Father, and let Him be your Conqueror.

4 Comments:

At 8:55 AM, Blogger Faith said...

Hormones! ICK!! Mine are wreaking havoc in my life too. Can't live with 'em, can't live without them!

Praying for you!

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Praying for your Prodigal said...

You are such a witness to the power of LOVE--God's love, and loving yourself! You go girl! A homework exercise that worked for me some time ago was this: Search for a photo of yourself as a young child at play. One that represents a happy moment. I found a picture of me with one of my Grandparent's dogs--

THEN: Keep it with you---or post it where you can see it clearly. THAT is the "self" that you are trying to capture and nurture.

I hope this helps--as an additional tool to what your therapist is offering. I LOVE therapy! Especially when it works! If I have completely personalized your post and am way off base--please forgive me! However, if I have read it correctly, I hope you feel relief soon--and can nurture that little girl..."who was fearfully and wonderfully made!" (Psalm 139)

You ARE loved !

Diane

 
At 6:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info film editing schools

 
At 12:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! »

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home