Friday, June 02, 2006

The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe

The Lion -
Isaiah Chapter 31 from The Message
"Like a lion, king of the beasts, that gnaws and chews and worries its prey, Not fazed in the least by a bunch of shepards who arrive to chase it off, So God-of-the-Angel-Armies comes down to fight on Mount Zion, to make war from its heights. And like a huge eagle hovering in the sky, God-of-the-Angel-Armies protects Jerusalem, I'll protect and rescue it. Yes, I'll hover and deliver."

My lion, today, is the calls that I need to make. They are former competitors of mine. I know that God will SWOOP down, and give me the courage to contact them, and the confidence to face them. I will read this verse today...before I make each of those calls.

The flipside...I made some easier calls yesterday...to friends of mine in the industry...I was afraid of their response, and their reaction. I was pleasantly surprised. They do, in fact, know me. They seemed excited for me, and willing to help. It was a good day.

The Witch - This is not to say that my mother is a witch...it just sounded good. The situation that we confronted her with two weeks ago has gone public....and from what we have heard has been "flipped". Our concern for her health, mentally and physically, and our efforts to help and protect her from furthur pain has been twisted into selfishness. We are BAD children. What I am struggling with is multi-leveled in regards to this. (I must tell you that none of this directly affects me, but I am pained for the ones that it does...so I am referring to it as my own in this blog...it's just easier to explain that way.) We all have freedom of thought. Often what we listen to is not what we hear. I am wondering if the "flipped" version of the story is what my mother "heard", or what my grandmother "heard". I cannot be responsible for what my mother or grandmother "hears", but the fact is that what we get on the backside is NEVER the whole truth. I have thought for many years that is was solely my mother that twisted the truth for her benefit, and I still think that she does that...what is difficult to come to grips with is that she is her mother's daughter, so where does the hiccup occur? My aunt does not seem to have this same affliction, so I tend to believe that the fault does not lie with my grandmother, BUT...no one is perfect, no one is 100% truthful 100% of the time...this has to do with what we "hear", and what we want to "hear". My saving grace, comes from God. I must contiue to love these women, and accept them for who they are...even if I don't understand who they are, or approve of what they do. I do not approve of this situation, but it is NOT my place to judge them. Me, the Pollyanna eyed little girl, will become like a duck...and just let the water roll off of my back. My prayers, love, and deepest sympathies to ALL of my family...my flock of ducks. Quack Quack.

The Wardrobe - my quiet place... curled up in His lap.

2 Comments:

At 8:16 AM, Anonymous Shannon said...

Quack, quack right back at you. Love you--

 
At 7:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. video editing schools

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home