Thursday, August 24, 2006

Surprise!!!!

Well, if you are still checking in....I am glad to know that you care. My two month sabatical from writing has been a very good journey of normalcy to me. I have been told by several people, including my therapist, that I NEED to keep writing, that it is how people keep up with my life...cause I disappear in real life too. Well, I have tossed it around for awhile, and thought about why I hadn't been writing, on an intimate level. I have found that truly living in the gray is something I have to dive into with BOTH feet. I have used my blog as an expresssion of the "crap" in my life, and to share my walks with anyone who might care. It had almost become a crutch for me to have some additional validation from the world around me. What I know now is that I miss writing, but I am not going to beat myself up for missing a couple of days, or weeks.

To bring you all up to date:
Job...going well, but I am getting some additional advice from someone who has been in my shoes today. Being an anxious person, it is difficult to work from home. I can find a THOUSAND other things that need to be done...even if they are work related, so that I don't actually have to make a sales call. That doesn't make for a profitable life for a sales rep.

Love... I have found it, on earth and in heaven. I have been able to LIVE IN THE GRAY with my Christian walk. (If you want me to explain this, I will be happy to) I love God, and am SOOOOOOOOOOO thankful for what he is doing in my life. Love on earth, well, I have had the fairytale. It DOES happen, and it is WONDERFUL to FINALLY know that this is right. I have prayed about it, prayed with him, and know with every bone in my body that we will be spending the rest of our lives together! I will keep you all up to date in regards to upcoming nuptuals....yep...I said it....we are planning on getting married. I could tell you all LOADS of stuff about him, but I just want to leave you with one thought.....he is going to therapy with me....to learn more about me, and how I deal with life. Therapist has asked for him to come, and he agreed. If I could remember how to post a pic, I would put one of us up....I'll work on that.

Well, I hope to be more present in this blogging world...BUT you will notice a different tone in my writing. I have learned so much through this, that I finally think I have come to some sort of plateau. Life seems to be a balancing act, and I teeter still, but today...the grocery bags are of equal weight.

5 Comments:

At 3:03 PM, Anonymous shannon @ rocks in my dryer said...

Hey, welcome back! It's about time! ;)

Love you--

 
At 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to see you're back blogging and it sounds like you're still doing great.

Love,

Cousin DV

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger the voice said...

Welcome back, and congrats on your engagement. Looking forward to hearing more. God bless you, Ken

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger Praying for your Prodigal said...

Welcome back! We've missed you and are so happy you have come out of the desert refreshed! So happy things are on the up swing! There are lessons learned in the desert, lessons that will be of great value as you walk through the springs of living waters! Enjoy!

Diane

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Chaotic Mom said...

I didn't blog much this summer. Mostly because I was very bogged down. But also, lately, because I've been dealing with some "issues" and my own anxieties.

I'm glad to be reading your blog, and catching up with you again, though! ;)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home